Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daughters Are Special!

Daughters are extra special! All my children are special to me, but my daughter, she is extra special. It is true that daughters are "sugar and spice and everything nice." I do not want my other daughters to think I don't think they are not special to me (the ones by marriage). They too have a very special place in my heart.
From the very beginning, my daughter had me wrapped around her finger. She could work her dad. It made her dad overly protective in some areas and putty in her hands in other areas. She could bat those eyes, use that sweet, simple tone and get her dad's attention. I protected her, even up to the time she married Darron. Darron doesn't know how lucky he is for me to "let" her marry him!!! :)
Enjoy this father's letter to his daughter's boyfriend....
"Dear Spike,
I have been unable to sleep since I forced my daughter to break off her engagement to you. Will you forgive and forget? I was too sensitive about your Mohawk, tattoo, and pierced nose. I now realize motorcycles aren't really that dangerous! Also, I really should not have reacted that way I did to fact that you have never held a job. I am sure, too, that some other very nice people live under the bridge in the park. Sure, my daughter is only 17 and wants to marry you instead of getting her college degree on a full ride scholarship. After all, you can't learn everything about life from books! I sometimes forget how backward I can be. I was wrong. I was a fool. I have now come to my senses and you have my full blessing to marry my daughter.
Sincerely,
Your future father-in-law
P.S. Congratulations on winning the Powerball lottery!!"
Daughters are very special! I love all my daughters and as those have come into my family, they too have learned the art of stealing the heart of this father! My flesh born daughter has taught them well and if they read this, I pray they will always know how I feel about them. I now have two granddaughters. One has learned the secret of maneuvering me and the other I am sure, as she gets a little older, will learn too. What is bad about all this, I know it happens and the spell they put me under is too great to fight against!!! To all my daughters......I love you very much and you will always be special to me!

1 comment:

Tawn said...

Dad's are pretty special too! Thanks and I love you!