Thursday, March 10, 2011

"Testing Our Faith Pulse"

"Just a quick thought to check your faith pulse. My grandson fell asleep at my house on a Sunday afternoon. He is three years old. We had to awaken him to assemble for worship that evening. When I woke him up and told him it was time to go worship God, he rubbed his little eyes and said, "I not want to go!" I know many a parent/grandparent has been through this with little ones.
Malachi addresses the people of God that God was disgusted with them because they had gotten to a point of no heart in their worship. "My, how tiresome it is!" (Mal. 1:13) Because of their lack of response, God rejected anything they had to offer.
For some, the worship of God with other saints is the highlight of their week. Without it they feel deprived and something is missing. Just ask some of those elderly who are unable to attend. You will hear their words, "I wish I could be back to worship with the brethren!"
The Psalmist in Psa. 84 speaks of their longing to worship God and their heart sings with joy to the living God. Their worship took place at the temple and the Psalmist expresses that "a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside."
Maybe its time we reexamine our attitude toward worship. Your attitude toward worship is a great revealer of your faith pulse. When there is a true longing for the living God, a desire to praise Him in His presence and gain renewed strength from His word, true happiness becomes ours. How's your faith pulse?

No comments: