Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"GRAND Parents"

Sorry for not posting the previous two days. I took time to go spend with my family in Arkansas and brought one of my grandchildren home with us! Your children are a blessing but your grandchildren are....GRAND! That makes them a GRAND blessing and it is so wonderful to take them away from their moms and dads for a short time and interact with them. They call you GRAND pa or GRAND ma. There are other versions but it is a special title that is between only you and them that is GRAND. What a delight. For those who do not have grandchildren at this time, there is no way to describe how they take hold of your heart and world. You can try to explain it but it is one of those things you must experience to understand.
Their little minds work in innocent and wonderful ways. Even when you have to deal with "poopy" pants! My granddaughter who is 3 came walking in where we were sitting stark naked holding her underwear in her hand. She handed them to me and I asked why she didn't put them on. Her mom and dad were a little embarrassed but they shouldn't with the purity that is being portrayed. My little princess handed them to me saying, "They have a little bit of wet on them!" She just wanted fresh underwear! What a deal.
Grandchildren...what a delight. There's nothing old in GRAND parent! Only special.

No comments: