Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Failure"

Just some brief words of encouragement today for those who struggle with their weaknesses and sins. It is wonderful to be forgiven and a blessed state. Those words came from the mouth of David in Psa. 32. But what about people who struggle over and over with sin? We claim they aren't trying or not sincere by going back under the same sin over and over. But is that really true? In some cases it probably is as some never take sin seriously but what about the one who tries only to fail?
Years back I can recall getting myself involved in sin. I would ask for God's help, only to return again to failure. I remember looking to the Lord and as sin had taken me down again and again, my mind came to a conclusion that God wouldn't want anything to do with me again. As I recall it to my mind, I didn't hate the sin as much as I hated myself for going back into sin. It became a self pity while allowing sin to have its way with me. As I tired of it all, I was about ready to quit! Just quit God and be done. The love of God wasn't for me. It was for those who were better than I and had not sinned as I had sinned.
That's just it! God is for the sinful. I had a difficult time believing that. Sin takes one into the state of hopelessness and will eventually take one into unbelief. That's the power of sin. Yet here is God, who calls us to Himself through Jesus speaking that it is not the well that need a physician but the sick. I was sick to my soul and as I started looking intently at the cross, knowing it was for the sin sick soul, I heard God (not literally) speak, please don't quit! My Son is still for you. Too many have turned from Christ believing that He does not want them which is exactly the lie the devil would want you to believe! Micah preached that the Lord God delights in lovingkindness and forgiveness (Micah 7:18). There is no sin too great, no failures too high and sin too strong! God delights in forgiving...that's should grip all our hearts!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes it does

Anonymous said...

A+ Mr Newton

Lesa G. said...

You need a "like button" on your blog!! Great blog, great reminders, amazing the love the Lord has for us. We have so much to be thankful for!