Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"Serve"

I pray all is well with those who read my blog. I want to use my blog to help teach the truth in God's holy word. As long as it is beneficial, I will continue. This is my last blog until the new year. I might get one in next week, but Resa and I are leaving for Texas today to see our parents for the holidays. It is time for us to do this. It has been a few years since going back and we need to.
I want to say a final word ending this year, and Lord willing, starting a new year. I implore each of you...SERVE! We are called to serve. We have gifts that differ but no matter what gift we have, how large or small, use your gift to serve! (I Pet. 4:10) When you look at John 13, our Lord lovingly washed the feet of His disciples, even the disciple that turned on Him and Jesus knew He would. What was Jesus teaching? I've heard many say different ideas, all of which are good, but one thing stands out to me. That is the demonstration of acceptance. When Jesus got on his knees washing their feet, Jesus was claiming those disciples as His own. He was accepting them. In turn, when you and I serve another, we demonstrate our loving acceptance of them, that they are part of us. We are called to serve. It doesn't matter where. Just serve! Wherever you are right now...serve! You may be downtrodden or feeling well, no matter what, take the heart of a servant and serve. Your service to another speaks volumes about your relationship to the Lord and reaches out in acceptance to your brothers and sisters who wear His name that we are one and we accept one another in that relationship because we are Christ's. SERVE! SERVE! SERVE!

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Thank you for serving us by writing these blogs each day. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of having servants heart and always pointing us to Jesus as our example. You are a blessing to me and SO many!!

Anonymous said...

You have a gift for writing and you always challenge me to think. Your insight to spiritual matters is so encouraging. I just wished more of the brotherhood would read with such depth as you in their study of Scriptures. May God bless you this new year!