Tuesday, May 7, 2013

"Out and About"

  I have been slow in posting my blog this week as I am traveling in the state of New York. This is always an experience and interesting. Presently I am in Jamestown, the home and birthplace of Lucille Ball. It has a very interesting history and a beautiful city. 
  But the beauty is robbed by what I have seen around. A young man (young to me) in his thirties walking down the street in short, pink shorts, pink shirt and shoes. It was very unfitting but he parades around for all to see. Then there were the two fellows standing in line next to me awaiting a cup of coffee in which both were dressed in ways that were...well, it doesn't matter only that it was something that was being flaunted without shame.
  As I was looking around this city, I finally found out why there is so much of this going on. Recently there was passed a law here that no one can condemn homosexuality as it is a hate crime. I knew it was coming soon somewhere. The main man on the city counsel is pushing for a reputation of Jamestown. They want to be known as the biggest and open place in the United States for gay rights. They are encouraging it! They are trying to get their laws changed so the gay community around this country can come here and live, marry and feel the freedom to enjoy their lifestyles without harm or retribution. This area is hit hard by things that the Lord considers abominations. 
  Just a few miles away from Jamestown is the town of Lillydale. It is the largest witch community in the world! There is literature all around Jamestown and other cities asking for people to come to this "kind and gentle" community of witches and fortune tellers. 
  The church is in a battle here! They remind me somewhat of the church at Pergamum in Rev. 2, where Jesus said they dwell where Satan's throne is while they hold fast my name. These dear people in the Lord are in a battle ground that we don't have to deal with in most parts. Pray for them. Pray for me. As I complete this first leg, I will be heading to Buffalo to begin another outreach. This is troublesome times but it shows the need of a lost, sin-filled world that needs a Savior!

1 comment:

Jim said...

Tolerance is taught throughout our country as if it is a gospel. Only fools and the lost believe that we should tolerate everything and "God will take care of it in the end".

Even Jesus called the scribes and Pharisees hypocrites and yet we are afraid of offending anyone in this country now and have been brainwashed into believing that tolerance is the Christian thing to do.

How sad that we have given into this line of thought without question.