Monday, November 5, 2012

"Today"

  The other day while driving, I received a phone call from a dear friend of my I haven't spoken to in some time. After catching up with our lives, he made a statement to me and it didn't hit me to what this might mean until later. It was a simple statement about getting old. Everyone does that I guess. Everyone discusses what was, what could have been and what is!
  A few days after this phone conversation, another dear brother was riding with me and asked, "What do you see your life like 10 years from now?" I thought a few moments and replied, "I can't go there because I could be dead and if not, I'm approaching 70!" What a stinger! Then came the next question: "Do you think you will be in Jeff City?" I don't know the answer to that either! All I know is I will hit the ranks where many will want to see the aged turned out and bring in the youth! I've seen it over and over in my lifetime. I will be no exception. I already find myself stumbling for words and thoughts at times and from what I hear, it will continue to get worse! That's an encouragement!
  In all this one thing I know, the future belongs to the Lord. Don't get bogged down in what will be and live for today! Today has enough troubles of its own...I believe Jesus said that. Today is your day. Live it to the Lord. Live it for the Lord. Live it with faith in the Lord. Today is your opportunity for renewal of your inner man. Renew! Today is your day to read from the Scriptures listening to the voice of God with an attitude of faith and desire. Do not just read to be a daily Bible reader but read with conviction and assurance. Today is the day the Lord has made. There is too much living in yesterday and too much living in fear of the future. Remember: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  (Heb. 13:8) Rest in the Lord today!

No comments: