Monday, November 12, 2012

"Focus on the Lord"

  We fail at times. Well, let me just speak for me...I fail! I have nothing more in my heart than to serve Jesus. With this desire to serve Him, I fail. Sometimes I fall flat on my face getting scuffed up. Other times, I say things that later I wonder why I said such at such a time. There are those times when there is not enough of me to do the tasks and someone is in difficulties and I can't get to them in time. I find myself at times overly sensitive and if there is someone that I have hurt, not knowing at the time but finding out later, it really weighs in on my soul. I can say with an honest heart, I never do anything intentionally that would harm another!
  Today is not about me even though I have started there. It's about My Lord. I know my every weakness and fault. But more than that, the Lord knows me better than me! He knows my struggles and the pain that I either cause myself or someone because of just plain weakness. I am reminded of David in Psa. 139:3: "You scrutinize my path and my lying down, and are intimately acquainted with all my ways." The Lord knows us so well, He knew the remedy for me (us). It was Himself! Putting on the Lord Jesus Jesus in baptism, clothing ourselves with Him at that point and putting within us this new self, created in the likeness of God. What a blessing!
  When you fail, know that you're not hopeless. When you fail many times, it's not over. The only time it would be over if we failed to hold to Jesus and move toward Him. Take a moment and reflect on the the Lord and His saving grace extended to you. Not once but many times over. Take a moment and know how well the Lord of heaven and earth knows us. Yet He still offers us of Himself so we could be acceptable before Him. Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say, rejoice!

No comments: