Thursday, July 24, 2008

"No News..."

I have always heard that no news is good news! Well, I have news...I guess that means...well, I am not sure what that means. I do have some news. I am going to take a very needed break! At the present, we are planning on leaving Saturday morning, July 26, and head for our congregational retreat at Snow Mountain Ranch in Colorado. We have 161 people from the congregation here going! That's not my break. Getting prepared for this retreat has taken a lot of energy and time. Most will never know what you have to go through to prepare a retreat. Each fall (except for this year) we have a couples retreat down in southern Missouri. That takes a lot of work but this is on such a large scale it takes 5 times as much. I look forward to the retreat especially once we leave because that means everything will be in place. The theme of our retreat is: "The Church, the Body of Christ: A Reality". I have some really good things planned for teaching to show the reality of Christ's body and why. My lovely wife Resa is going to teach the children each evening while the adults/high school have their classes. She has really put a lot of work into preparing and helped me tremendously! Just a note for you men, give thanks to God for your wife. Let her know how much you appreciate her and all she does for you and the family. She has to do and put up with a lot from you!!!
But while we are in Colorado, we are going to take our two week vacation that we try to take at this time of year while we are there. That will be our break! That means I will be gone for a total of three weeks! I will be back on Aug. 16, so I will start my blog back on Aug. 18. I would encourage you, take some time and go back read some of the past blogs. I pray you will find some helpful teaching and insight. Comment on them if you would like! I sure don't mind people questioning me or disagreeing, provided they have the verses to guide me. I am far, far from having all the answers.
Be open to the word of God. Read it, apply it and let it perform its work in you who believe! Let your heart wrap around the very heart of God. If you're weak, that's alright. Jesus wants you to get stronger but in weakness, the power of Christ is greater toward you. That means get your attention off your weakness and look at the power available to you. I will look forward to writing again, Lord willing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels to you and all those with you, including your family and the members of the Church.

I would encourage eveyone to remember to keep this group in their prayers.

Often we don't realize how much some time away can provide a renewing of the mind, body, and spirit. It's often something that is needed, but not done on a regular basis.

We sometimes don't realize how much the apostles and other disciples traveled during the early days of the Church. Those visits were so many times a strong source of encouragement to others. As was the case when Timothy was sent by Paul to the Thessalonians. May you, as well, "strengthen and encourage" (1 Thessalonians 3:2) those around you by your visit.