Thursday, July 11, 2013

"A Funeral"

  Today I must travel to Illinois where I will be doing a funeral of a young lady 31 years old. I have known her family for many years and they need strength and help at this time.
  I have never liked doing funerals over the years but as I have aged, my mind-set has changed in this some. I see the great value of a funeral to help point people to God in a time of hurt and disappointment. Funerals gives the families an opportunity to examine their own lives and focus on the reality of eternity. Death is the gateway to eternity and the Lord uses these times for that. I pray that I will be able to speak in a way that honors God and gets His message to this hurting family.
  What about you? Are you preparing for an eternal journey? Whether you are or not, it is coming. Everyone is headed to an eternal date with God and there will not be one person to miss it. That should grab our hearts to prepare while we can prepare. Once our feeble bodies of dust surrenders to death, the only thing that will matter will be this: how's your relationship with the Lord? That is a question we should all be concerned about. Jesus died to save us. God appointed Him as our sin-bearer. We will determine His value.

No comments: