Monday, October 8, 2012

"Family"

  I know there are just as many others that love their families like I love my family. I guess as I have aged and can see the end of a life in the future, my family becomes more precious. This has led me to taking advantage of moments that present themselves. 
  But more than any of this, I spend much time praying for my children and grandchildren. I pray fervently for them. I teach when opportunities present themselves. I try to show them God and help them understand with my limited insight about our wonderful, powerful, loving Father. I instruct them with little teachings about looking like and following the world. I was speaking with my granddaughter the other day and shared with her the reason her grandpa is always talking to her about God is because the world, if you follow and love it, will turn your heart into not believing. I shared with her that when one follows those around, the love of the Father cannot be part of us. One cannot serve two masters!
  I want my children and grandchildren (and if the Lord grants me great grandchildren) in heaven. But there is another family I love and care for and that's the family of God. Peter instructs us to love the brotherhood! I want God's family to make it to heaven. I refuse to allow any problems or bad attitudes take me away from loving God's children. I guess that's the driving force within me that keeps me preaching/teaching. I must say there are times I've wanted to quit. I've felt what Jeremiah felt when he was ready to give up because no one seemed to listen or follow the voice of the Lord. I felt like Isaiah felt when he spoke he was ready to deliver God's message to His people.
  Well, I guess today's blog was the importance of family. I pray that if you read this, it will prick you heart into thinking about what things you put before your family. I encourage each of you, don't excuse the wrong behavior of your children, even if they are aged. Help them! Gently correct them! Let them see God in you which means you must be seeing God yourself. Hear Him speak through His word. Love Him! Hold to Him and in all your ways acknowledge Him. It will be worth everything one eternal day!

No comments: