Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"We Are New!"

   Listen carefully to God as spoken through His apostle Paul: "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." (II Cor. 5:17) We are new in Christ! You are a new man! You are a new woman! I am new!
  In Rom. 6:4, we are taught by the Lord that we are raised in baptism with the Lord that we might walk in newness of life. We are daily in newness of life! We are new creatures! That means when you awoke this morning, you are a new wife or a new husband. You are a new mother or new father. You arrive at your work and you are a new employee or a new boss. You are a new friend or a new neighbor. You have been created new in Christ Jesus and today new things have come! Every first day of the week you are new fellowshiping in the blood of the new covenant through the Supper. It's not the outer that matters but the new creation we are in Christ (Gal. 6:15). Our new self is made in the likeness of God and we put him/her on every day!
  What should this do for us? It should tell us to shed and move away from the old of yesterday! Stop the mental games that is old from yesterday. We are new each and every day or at least we should be? Paul said: "I have been crucified withChrist; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:20) Paul was new and he lived in his newness NOW! What about you? Get up and look to Jesus. You are a new creation. Be new today! Let go of the old from yesterday. Renew your mind! Renew your heart today. When someone comes up today and asks you, "Hey, what's new?" Look them in the eyes and say, "I am!!!!" 

No comments: