Thursday, April 19, 2012

"Jesus At Work"

   The work is never done! For years I have tried to catch up but as I have gotten older, I'm not sure what I am trying to catch up with or to or what that even means anymore. There is no such thing as catching up. People still need to be reached. Doors open here and there. It is a continuous cycle but that's the way it's suppose to be when people need salvation.
  Jesus is at work! He is working in the church as He is alive and well. People's indifference, laziness and hypocrisy doesn't stop the work of Jesus. I'm trying to stay out of the way to allow the Lord Jesus Christ to do what He needs to do with His body. It's tough sometimes. I get a little too involved in me at times and forget that hinders. I want people in heaven and I know many others who have the same desire. In order for people to get to heaven they must see and come to Jesus. For some reason people think that because someone does good to others and just live good lives that they will be saved in the end. The mentality of others has been that the Lord surely won't refuse anyone who leads a decent life and tries to help where they can. But that's just it. It's about us and what we do, or at least some make it that way. Salvation is about Jesus! It's coming to Jesus as our sin-bearer, as our place of refuge, as our union into His death to escape our own so we can be raised up with Him (that's the purpose of baptism - Rom. 6). Too many are baptized into Christ but rely on themselves as the end result.
  Jesus is at work! Too many are looking at what is wrong with the church, who is messing up, who is holding us back and what isn't going right. Maybe we are looking at the wrong side of things because when we have this mentality, it's actually us holding back the church. We need to focus on Jesus and let Him work on me to see the real issue of salvation. Trust Jesus. Let Him work on the things that lack while I work on my faith in Him. You will see a difference and in the process see your calling into Christ. We aren't saved because we are good. We are saved because we were in death and Jesus came to our rescue. If the Lord can save, He can work! Let Him!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brent, you always challenge my faith and make me look at Jesus. That's what makes you unique. I get emails and look at many different religious blogs but many times it the same old stuff that someone else said that is requoted. It's not wrong but it doesn't develop faith. Anyway, enough said. Thanks and God bless!