Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Final Thoughts"

It's that time of year when things are crazy for many. I guess I am no exception. We will be visiting family next week so this will be the last blog for this year. What do I write? I have been pondering this for a couple of days.
Let me first encourage each of you, seek and love the truth of God's word. That's the foremost thing I could tell you. There is too much religion and little truth seeking. I had an e-mail from a reader questioning something I had said in a blog I wrote. I appreciated their willingness to write and take a slight issue with me. It shows they are thinking on their on. What hit me was their idea of what they thought was right was based completely on something they had been taught and it never came from the word of God. It sounded good and right, but when compared to Scripture, it was found false. They acknowledged that when I responded to them. That's a sign of a good heart! Jesus did not come to establish more religion. He came to establish the truth from God for man! All treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Jesus (Col. 3:3). That means the sincere must seek them out, looking only to one source for their answers. Remember the warning given to the Thessalonian brethren, "...because they did not received a love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason, God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false, in order that they all may be judged who did not believe the truth, but took pleasure in wickedness." (II Thes. 2:10-12) That should stir all our hearts to seek and love the truth and not blindly follow someone.
Secondly, spend time in prayer. Prayer is such a vital part of our lives, or at least it should be. Prayer is faith! Prayer is trust! Prayer is strength gained! Prayer is submission! Pray for open doors and opportunities to share the gospel with family and friends. Look for those doors to be opened.
Finally this new year coming up, if the Lord continues to allow it, there will be many shocking moments in the lives of many. There will be disasters and deaths. There will be illnesses and difficulties. Work on trusting God and growing in His name because the next thing that might crop up will be something serious you might have to deal with. I am not trying to be a downer here. It's reality! Heaven is our goal and that should be our focus in life. Reach forward to what lies ahead and let go of what is behind. We need the strength of God to continue. If you have any concerns or questions, please feel free to write. I simply want to serve. If you wouldn't mind, click the "follower" link and join in please. Until 2010...God's blessings be on each of you.

No comments: