Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"The Man"

I know a man who some thirty-five years ago watched a young lady walk into his life. He was struck with a sense of wonderment! It took some time to win her but this man knew it was going to be worth it all. That man worked hard to get such a lady's attention. He had never worked so hard for someone in his life before then. Someway, somehow she responded to his attention. It was something that this man couldn't grasp as to why. This man was very flawed and immature but she gave him a chance. This man took too many things for granted early on and was even afraid of life at times but just by being with her, it made things a little easier. In this man's selfishness and self consuming attitude, a little at a time the Lord was chipping away, showing that through her he could become something much better and wiser. She was showing him God.
Thirty-five years have passed and this man realized he was never worthy of such a lady but is so thankful for the opportunity. Lessons learned, life lived on different levels, failures that cannot be counted, weaknesses exposed and despite all this, the Lord sought to redeem this man and open his eyes to one of life's wonderful blessings. People know and see the man in glimpses but they can never see what this wonderful, beautiful lady had to live with and pray intently for strength to endure. The years have passed and age is starting to set in as God intended but the resolve and heart of this man is continually moving forward with her. Yes, I know the man and I also know the lady! I thank the Lord for the many years we have had and I pray more to come...she is worth every moment!

3 comments:

ran said...

Wow! You make me cry! I too am very blessed!

Thanks
love you!

Anonymous said...

I have no words to say to this other than I pray that my husband and I can come to this one day. Thanks for teaching and your example and the example your lovely wife sets for all wives.

Anonymous said...

YES I WISH MY HUSBANDWOULD GIVE ALL HIS WORRIES TO GOD .