Thursday, May 8, 2008

To The Point...

Have you ever heard the old song "Gone Fishing"? Louie Armstrong and Bing Crosby sang it together. It was a theme song for me on several of my fishing trips! My kids think I am nuts but if you could ever find it, listen to it. It is a very simple but great song. It has a neat little tune. I guess that makes me a simple man! My family has been telling me that for years!!

Why I am saying all this? Because for the next two days I've "gone fishing!" I have not been able to get away in the spring of the year over the last two years to go fishing. My sons and I are headed out with the boat, camping out and fishing at Truman Lake. It is one of my favorite lakes in all of Missouri. I am really excited about it. Who knows, maybe I will start giving a fishing report! That would really be helpful, huh?

I pray God will grant you His wisdom and understanding. Learn to let the things of this life not to impact your soul and allow the eternal things to determine everything. Sin is deceitful. Sin will blind your mind and heart. Sin will lead you down a path to believing you are right with the Lord when you are really in darkness. God/Jesus will not fellowship anyone in sin! They will embrace those who flee from sin, who are repentant in heart but that takes an honest humble heart. Let the word stand for what it says and I believe that is really "to the point!"

No comments: