Thursday, May 22, 2008

Can I Ride A Buffalo?

She snuggled up under my arm. With her big blue eyes, looking up at me she said, "Grandpa, can I ride a buffalo?" I looked at her and said, "Oh dear, I am not sure anyone can ride a buffalo. They are big and aren't meant to ride." She paused and said, "But grandpa, you're going to ride a buffalo!" It stuck me what she was saying. I had announced that I was flying to Buffalo, New York for a meeting. That is where I am presently. I am returning home tonight. It has been a great meeting, a gift from God.

I looked at my granddaughter, chuckling at her and said, "No dear, I am not riding a buffalo, I am flying to Buffalo!" I saw the 'thinking' look come over her face. She replied, "Grandpa, that's silly. Buffalo's can't fly!" End of discussion. She had her innocent simple way of breaking things down. Oh the things a child can come up with. Maybe next time, I'll ride a buffalo. At least she could understand that concept! May God bless.

No comments: