Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Amazing! Simply Amazing!"

  It was a sight to behold. I've seen it before, many times in fact, but that day it was something different. I stood in awe and couldn't get enough. We were camping and the day was beautiful. A few small thunderstorms had gathered and it would rain for a few minutes and quit. We had decided to drive to the lake and take a look at things, about 4 miles away. 
  We turned out of our camp onto the pavement and there it was, right in front of us, road high as bright as I have ever seen it before. God's rainbow! It wasn't a normal rainbow. This was bright and brilliant shining like I had never seen before. Every color was vivid, even the purple at the bottom. It is a rarity to see the purple with brightness or at least that has been my experience in my years. This rainbow God placed before our eyes that day was a sight to behold. Each individual color in bright array on display before our eyes. I had to stop and get pictures. They never do justice. A couple of cars whizzed by while I stopped and I wondered if they even realized what was before their eyes. I couldn't wait to get back to camp and read about it. I wanted to hear from God Himself what He was showing us that day. 
  How many rainbows have you seen in your lifetime? We are amazed aren't we? We tell our children or anyone else around, "Look at the rainbow." Over 5000 years and it still impresses man. God is faithful. That rainbow is one way God speaks to His world, His creation. Why won't people believe and listen? 
"'I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.' God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant which I am making between Me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all successive generations; I set My bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a sign of a covenant between Me and the earth. It shall come about, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow will be seen in the cloud, and I will remember My covenant, which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and never again shall the water become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the cloud, then I will look upon it, to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth." (Gen. 9:11-16) I wonder if the creatures can see it?  

No comments: