Monday, April 7, 2014

"Message To Encourage"

  This week I find myself in Gideon, Mo. I have never been here or in this area before. It is rather unique with all the rice fields and small towns. But there is something else that I find that seems to change little: the needs of people. There are such wonderful people here wanting to know and hear Jesus. I've met brethren that I have never known before and they are stirred by Jesus Christ. What good news.
  As the Lord gives opportunities we need to take advantage. We need to hear and surround our lives with spiritual food just as we need physical food for our daily living. There is too many droughts in the lives of people. People seem to be less and less interested in food to feed the soul. As the soul is starved, the spiritual health declines. It can finally reach a point of death, separation from the Lord. No desire, no interest, no wanting to know. The soul goes into death and the only thing that is left to draw from is the physical so all our activities and stirrings come from the external to keep us going. The soul lays still being fed only from the physical. The end result will be eternal death. I encourage you, feed your soul! 

No comments: