Monday, August 13, 2012

"Home Again"

  It's back to my normal routine! We ended three wonderful weeks of being away. I know that sounds like a lot but it was needed. The first week was spent in our congregational retreat. We had 183 people go to Colorado and enjoy having their heart and soul filled with the things of the Lord every single day for one week. It was amazing to watch people grow together by rallying around the Lord Jesus. It was wonderful to see people who didn't know one another that well come to know one another!! It reminded me that when Jesus is the center and His Lordship is what our heart desires, He always brings unity and love. People are already asking for the next retreat.
  The next two weeks after this were spent resting. I have a little bit different idea of resting than probably most people think. My two weeks were spent in prayer and reading of God's word while enjoying His creation. I am amazed at the beauty of God's creation, not only in the mountains but His animals. They are a wonder to behold! In the wisdom of God, He put all this together with just speaking. From dust He created living beings. It hit me, "And the Lord can't solve our problems?"
  We are now home again. Back to the reality and work. I'm ready! I look forward to what the Lord will do next and will continue to search His word for His truth with all my heart. What about you? What is your heart really seeking? I pray it is truth and not some personal agenda or idea. Just simple, plain truth allowing God's word to be God's word and not what someone tells us to believe. May the Lord bless your day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mr Newton

Anonymous said...

GLAD YOUR BACK

Anonymous said...

I know many who said they missed you. You are deeply loved and appreciated!

Anonymous said...

I hope that the brothers and sisters of Jefferson City realize how blessed they are to have someone who fully stands for the truth. The church and the world need more preachers like you. Thank you.