Wednesday, July 4, 2012

"Bless God!"

  I give thanks to God for our nation. Why were we born when we were? Why were we born where we were? Why was I (you) placed where I was place? Being born a century earlier, I wouldn't be writing and already in eternity! Thank you Lord for my life!
  While sitting at a special event last evening, a group began to sing our national anthem. People began to stand up, hats were taken off, hands were placed over hearts and it was quiet.  People reflecting while the song continued. People joined in singing. Then it hit me...what a wonderful thing to see people so thankful for our freedom, our nation and remember those fallen so we could be there and enjoy. What about God? I wondered if someone had started singing about the Lord and His greatness, would the hats come off? Would hands be placed over hearts and the lips begin to sing praises to Him? Would there be quiet and reflecting? I know the answer and so do you. We have shifted and not for the good.
  I am so grateful to some of my personal friends who have lost their lives for my freedom in this nation. I will never forget them. I am thankful to the families that lost loved ones and their loved ones were away for a long period for my betterment. One day I will leave this world, this nation and will no longer be part of it. I will be in eternity! Forever set in whatever state the Lord has set. Nothing to ever change, EVER! It causes me to bow my head, thank the Lord for His greatest gift of all because my freedom on this earth was not what was at stake but my eternal destiny and for that, I stand in awe, place my hand over my heart and sing praises to His name forever. Thank you God for our nation but more than that, thank you for my salvation for eternity that was paid at the highest price of all!!!

No comments: