Thursday, May 24, 2012

"Invest In Jesus"

  I can remember as a kid that when Christmas was getting close, it seems like it took F   O   R   E   V   E   R for it to arrive. Giddy and anxious for the day to open presents was like watching molasses flow from a jar that's been in the refrigerator! Today, we are about to begin the half way point of the year and before you know, the end of the year will be here with all the holidays.
  I was watching a movie that I watched many years back and it hit me, the actors in this movie are all dead. It seems almost each week someone we knew acting has passed away. I really was disappointed when Barney Fife (Don Knotts) passed or Jed Clampet (Buddy Ebsen) and the list goes on.
  What's my point? I think you know. Life is just like a vapor and all that is left is memories. Nothing will ever return about anyone's life. Nothing will return in our times past. We are left with pictures to remind us of, "Aw, I remember that!" It makes me wonder why some never seriously invest in the Lord Jesus before their death? You know it's coming rapidly. There are those in the church that have never seriously invested in the Lord either. That might seem an odd statement but just think about the things that are against the Lord that they either stand in or have stood in without one ounce of repentance. Unless there is some seriousness and humility in heart, they are going to face a horrid ending. Too many are more concerned about saving face than saving their souls. There are those who have never been transformed by the Lord. They only conformed and their lives show it.
  Over the years I have spent a lot of time with grieving hearts over the passing of a loved one. I've heard the questions, "Do you think they made it?" like they were on a journey into space hoping they landed in the right location. I've heard the stories from families that speak about the attitudes of those who departed and it really tugs on your heart because they reveal things no one else saw or heard. So I ask us, please, let's re-examine our lives and ask if we really are in the faith? Are we really following the Lord with a whole heart? It's worth eternity to do such!

No comments: