Thursday, March 1, 2012

"Not Good Enough"

  Preaching/teaching is one of the strangest things for me at times. I've had many a Sunday where I was on, I mean you knew it within your being. The message from God was good, the mind was clear and it seemed to flow like a unhindered stream of water. I heard God! I spoke what God said and it was right. We leave our assembly of worship and someone comes by and they didn't connect with God through the preaching. It sends you into a thought of "did I miss something?".
  The very next week, you seem to stumble for thoughts, the words don't flow and you focus on the Lord but there is little. You find yourself lost about, what did I say? Did I convey God's message? Those lessons you feel you let God down because you weren't at your best. We leave our assembly of worship and someone comes by and says that was most powerful and God was speaking directly to their heart. It sends you into a thought of "did I miss something?". 
  It has made me realize that God, our Father and sustainer of all mankind and all life, is not affected by my abilites or lack of abilites. I am just a very small insignificant person that has been allowed to be part of His glorious kingdom. Me, a nobody yet here I am given an opportunity to speak for my Lord and Creator. Sometimes not well. Sometimes with mistakes but the Almighty takes my weaknesses and uses them to accomplish His purpose. Maybe the lesson was for a couple of people, maybe the whole, maybe me as His proclaimer or the elders. I don't know and even venture to know the purpose. I do know this, just as the rain and snow come from heaven and do not return to the Lord without watering the earth for man's seed and harvest, His word goes forth and will accomplish what He desires (Isa. 55:10-11)!
  You too, instead of thinking what you do is minimal or of little account, be thankful you are in the position as a husband/wife/mother/father/son/daughter/daily laborer that God will accomplish His will despite your weaknesses and failures because He is not affected by our abilities or lack of abilites! He did create this universe without us and it was very good!!

No comments: