Monday, March 26, 2012

"My Children Bless"

   Today my blog is a thankfulness for my children. Not in the sense that one might normally think. I have some very spiritually minded children. I heard the voice of the Lord speak through one of my daughters yesterday. First, she realized my struggles and saw her father-in-law needed some help and help she did. I have always prayed for my family to be spiritually minded. Secondly, she didn't give me her opinion but pointed me back to the God who gave Himself for us all. God spoke! I heard Him from His word speaking loud and clear. My daughter knew it too!
  How blessed can a man get when his family brings the things of God to his mind and heart? There were no reasonings, no comparison of an event in the world to make it apply to my life. It was simply listen to God and hear Him. It made my heart leap! It filled my eyes with tears! It was God telling me what I had been praying for. She never had to say, "You know we love you!" She never had to appeal to my emotions by telling me some warm fuzzy. No, it was a blessing. 
  I pray for my children every single day. I know of the mistakes that I have made, wishing I could have changed some things but those are gone. I watch my children grow up and mature...spiritually. They are gaining insight to the bigger picture of things. My daughter in Arkansas really helps her father and mother apply the teachings of God as she grows in her faith. My son-in-law too realizes the bigger things involved. What a blessing they are for me. My children who live here are changing getting hold of bigger things. The youthful things that hindered are slowly fading and they see the bigger things. God is growing them! In the process of it all, they are helping me and their mom grow. For that reason, I can bow before my Father and say thank you for giving me such wonderful and godly minded children. Oh, they haven't arrived where they need to be. Neither have I but what they do realize is the bigger things involved in faith and seeing through the shallow things. That takes real spiritual growth! 

No comments: