Monday, December 19, 2011

"The Most Blessed"

Indeed I am one of the most blessed men. I know many of you are blessed but I am especially blessed. There are congregations of our Lord all over the this state, this country and this world. Yet here I sit in one of the best congregations I have ever been associated in my 31 plus years of preaching. We have our difficulties and struggles but the prevailing desire for God and His word is wonderful. The struggles have strengthened us. I know there are those after my being here so many years that would probably be glad to see me go on down the road and I can understand that.  But while I am here, I love preaching and teaching for the brethren that assemble at this location.
I watch people just quietly go about serving the Lord, looking for opportunities to help. My phone rings often from brethren asking me if I know of someone that needs assistance of any kind. I have a long list of names of members that have informed me that if I come across someone in need of financial help to call them. People study and pray daily, weekly and you can see it. People reaching beyond their comfort zones in their service to the Lord. Brethren who willingly give of their time to help one another. I am not trying to shout the praises of man! I know those who serve in such ways would not want me to speak of them or the things they do in the name of the Lord. I just sit here this morning, praying and reflecting...indeed I am one of the most blessed men to be a small part of such dedicated people of the Lord. Thank you Lord from the depth of my heart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know who wants you to leave but if I (and many others) hear of it, we will hang them!!!! (You know I'm teasing about the hanging!)