Monday, November 28, 2011

"Reflections"

Sometimes we need to sit and reflect about things. Reflections about our lives, our loved ones and the journey we are taking. Some bring great joy to our hearts while other things make us realize how we really missed things.
As we spent our time with our family in Texas over the Thankgiving holiday, my mind was filled with reflections. I spent a day with my brother and sister-in-law. She has a serious brain tumor that only the Lord knows what will be the outcome. I reflected on our past as we spoke. We brought up things we did and where we had gone. It was good to bring back the memories. But in the reflection I saw a strength in my sister-in-law that was extremely encouraging. She knows she has a life threatening situation but her attitude and view of it was what we would call...GODLY. She had her hope and heart set. As we reflected that was good to see.
While at my parents house, my dad told me to go out into his garage, which was his work place over the last few years since closing down his tv and appliance business, and look through the things to see what I wanted. He brought so much from his shop with him and it is all set up in his garage. There were so many memories when I would pick something up that would flood my mind. My two sons were with me and they would find something and ask me what this was or that was. I found myself explaining things to them as I reflected. My grandkids were just having fun with it all. There was an old televsion set my dad has been tinkering with for several years trying to fix and my grandaughter asked, "What is that grandpa?" I explained about the older tv's to her surprise. I showed them soldering irons, tools and parts from years gone by. There were so many things that I can't begin to say how it made me feel. I was handling my past and how my dad had been blessed by the Lord to support us. It was incredible.
It is good to reflect. Sometimes it is good to sit and reflect where we came from and how we got to where we are presently. In the whole, as we each look at the journey we have taken, make certain you reflect on the Lord who brought it all about and where He is leading us. That's a reflection that leads to our present reality. Let's reflect on our past how it brought us to the present but this isn't over yet. We still have a future, a bright and blessed future, if we just hold to the promises of God in Christ Jesus. And smile as you reflect! 

No comments: