Monday, August 22, 2011

"Random"

I guess it is one of those mornings! You know the kind where you try to get things going and you feel like you have been used as a whipping post. Sometimes is gets mighty discouraging in the church of our Lord. Well, maybe that's just me.
Recently speaking with a dear fellow preacher, he shared with me how he had worked hard on a lesson that needed to be addressed in the congregation. He was careful and meticulous in what he said but was straight-forward with the truth. He spoke, people listened and the problem that was addressed went unrecognized. People simply didn't take the truth to heart. He was really discouraged. I can identify with him!
Maybe it's me. I don't know but it seems the longer you stay the less people listen. To speak the truth in love, to point people to the reality of life and try to help in truth and in return, emptiness in a lot of cases. But then again there is the Lord and how He must have felt. To pour your heart into something and only find disgruntled people about this and that, the Lord knew it well. As I get older I am seeing it happen.
Well, I guess today's blog isn't good at all. I just penned some of my thoughts wondering where all this will lead. I know, I need to go to the Lord in prayer and lay it at His feet. It's His body! It's His truth! I am just a lowly servant, not good sometimes, struggling at other time wondering and watching for open doors. I think I'll go back and read some of the things I have written and make sure I am practicing what I believe.

3 comments:

Lesa G. said...

~ I hope and pray that the Lord provides you with all that you need today and each day you so graciously and humbly serve Him by teaching and serving so many. I know I feel so blessed to have access to teachings that are filled with the truth spoken in love that directly line up with the Bible. I am thankful there are people such as yourself that are dedicated to the Lord teaching and preaching ...not only that but...LIVING it every day.

Anonymous said...

I can identify with this as well. The attitudes and actions that I sometimes see in the Lord's body can be very discouraging and troubling. I am reminded of a passage that I would like to encourage you with, though I know you know it well.
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word" (2 Thes. 2:16-17)
A beautiful prayer, and this will be my prayer for you. And, though some may not be taking the Lord's word to heart, please know that your preaching and teaching has had a profound impact on many people, myself included. So I say to you, keep it up! Your work is not in vain, and the Lord is working mightily through you!

Anonymous said...

you have really helped me. i know that our god will help you through this. we learn so much from you. you teach the true word. we need you