Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Grandchildren"

Today I am preparing to leave Buffalo, New York. I have been here since Saturday but I am ready to be back with my family. I miss my family. Today's blog is lighter as my time is limited. 
Grand kids are something special. Those who have little children (or older children) will not understand this as much. Being a grandparent can only be experienced not taught. It is something that is unexplainable even though many try. I've heard all the little sayings about how grandparents are to spoil their grand kids or you take them home after a while. But those things aren't what they are to me. I don't look at spoiling my grandchildren and I don't look forward to taking them home. I see something greater. Grandchildren to me are so precious because you get to help in teaching them things you might have been weak in or failed in your own children! I love to teach my grandchildren. 
They say some of the funniest things and their observations about you or life are incredible. How their little minds work amazes me. They see things through 'untainted' eyes and nothing, I mean nothing is defiled. You don't ever have to worry about hidden agendas or meanings with them. When they speak, they are speaking from the purity of heaven! A couple years back my oldest granddaughter (who is now 7) wanted to write me a story. I got her some paper and crayons. She started her work of scribbling and page after page was handed to me. After she finished, I asked her what the story was about. She replied, "Grandpa, you know I can't read yet. You have to read it yourself!" There was my second born granddaughter (who is three) and she was staying with us. One night she took the cloth protector off the arm rest on our lounger chair. You know those little pieces of cloth that come on the arm rest? She put it on her head, whirled around and said, "Look grandpa, I am an "Iswoolwight" (Israelite). It's those little tidbits that make such memories.
The Lord gave us our little children and grandchildren to remind us of the greatest in God's kingdom. They are so pure and innocent. Today, if you have little ones in your home, whether you are a parent or grandparent, take a moment, look into their eyes, see the sparkle of life and look a little deeper. There you will see your image along with the image of God stamped on their heart. Right then, think that these innocent bundles of joy are a gift of God, given into your hands to mold and train in His ways because one day, you will return them to the Maker who blessed you with them. Teach your children the ways of the Lord! Teach your grandchildren that a walk with the Lord is the greatest blessing on earth. Step back and listen, as they play, run and giggle, it is infectious because they are so pure and free from all worries and defilement! Kind of makes you want to go back there, huh?

No comments: