Thursday, February 17, 2011

"Memories"

Over the years I have been in some strange situations and time has made it hard to remember some of them unless another situation arises and it reminds me of something in the past. I have also been in some life threatening situations and looking back you could see the hand of God. I have dealt with Satan worshipers, people who claimed to have made human sacrifices, witches, people with multiple personalites, people putting curses on me and my family, a knife thrown at me (on a couple of occasions), drunks out of control and just plain weird things.
A few years back I was walking down the hall of a hospital. I had been visiting a friend. I came by a room which I saw a man in a body cast and you could tell he was hurting so I went in. In visiting with him, I asked him what happened. He told me that he had been two stories up on scaffolding painting. He was a very religious minded man. Then he said at the end of the scaffold Jesus appeared to him and told him to come near. He put down his brush walked to the end of the scaffold and off he fell breaking numerous bones in his body. The man teared up and had no more words to say for a moment then he asked, "Why would Jesus do that to me?" I had to share with him that wasn't Jesus and it opened up an opportunity to study once he was revived and out of the hospital.
In another instance I was invited to study with a husband and wife in their home. She was interested, he wasn't so much. As she grew in her faith and responded, it upset him. I continued to go out and study each week in which the man would sit across from me at the kitchen table and glare at me. One night during our study, he got up, went over to where he had a gun, brought the gun to the table, put bullets into the chambers, pulled back the hammer and laid it down facing directly at me and told me to continue. Talk about nervous! He just smiled.
As I write these, more situations start popping into my mind. Some I had forgotten now alarm me to how threatening they were. Life is an incredible journey with many twists and turns. In all this it makes me thankful for the Lord. Where would we be and how could we deal with situations without His instruction and guidance? The Lord knows the hearts of all and He needs someone to be ready at the right time. Oh, the fellow who put the gun on the table, he was lead to Christ!!!

1 comment: