Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"Help!"

Have you ever had one of those days when your mind just will not respond to your...thinking? I realize that is a strange question but I am having one of those days. My mind is full but it will not respond to thinking. Nothing seems to come together. I am preparing my class to teach tonight but my mind will not respond to my thinking! I guess you could say the more I think, the more I stink!
I thought about not writing today, but I do need to encourage us to move forward. Even on the days when the mind is not operating on the level it normally does, I still needed to write. Here's the deal: even on days when our physical bodies does not respond, does that mean we have lost our relationship with the Lord? Never! The Lord is still the Lord and we are still in Christ and He stands good on our account interceding for us, helping us and His grace reaching us despite our weaknesses and failures. I am not claiming one can never lose their salvation. I am saying to the sincere, penitent believer that Christ will always do every thing He says and even more and it really comes to the forefront when we are weak and struggling! I just wish my brethren could grasp that and move forward on their bad days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One's outlook determines how we look at our days more than anything. I personally look at those kind of days as just off days. Sometimes I'm on and sometimes I'm just off even when I think I'm on.

Even when there are bad days we should move, always, foward as you mention. While we are not all the same in how we view our days, you are correct to point out that God and Christ are always with us regardless, given that we are as you mention.

Even on our bad days, and maybe even more so, we should always strive to have a thankful spirit back to God for all that we have, both good and bad. Bad? Yes, even the bad days deserve an attitude of thankfulness. A bad day is still a day that God has granted us, with all his grace and mercy. Without the trials and tribulations that come with bad days we would not be inclined to seek complete comfort in God. It's easy to be thankful when we have good days. How much more it should be the case on the bad days? Our march should be
onward to salvation, through both the good and bad.

I would agree that we all have off times, but it's how we face them and how others see us facing them that matters. Our example to others, brethren espeically, on those bad days should still be the shining light on the hill.

The fact that you found the gumption to write should be an example to the rest of us as well.

Keep in mind if all days were good days, we wouldn't really be able to tell them apart.

Brent said...

AMEN!