Friday, February 29, 2008

Grandpa, you're not old...

The old saying is true, "If I knew grandchildren were going to be this much fun, I would of had them first!" Grandchildren are such a joy that I cannot begin to explain in words.
The other night, while playing with my granddaughter, who is 4, she wanted me to get in the floor where we began our time of her climbing on me, jumping on me and then our little "tickle spot" game. She is really tickleish around her neck. After some time on the floor, my body began to hurt and the need to get up was growing. As she sat on my chest laughing, she looks at me with her beautiful, blue eyes and a smile that just shines from heaven above. She wanted to keep playing but I said, "Grandpa needs to get up!" She asked, "Why?" I responded, "Because grandpa is old!" She leaned over, kissed my cheek and said, "Grandpa, you're not old. Old people walk with a stick!" It hit me, no wonder they call them GRAND..........children!!!

No comments: