Thursday, August 1, 2013

"A Gift From the Lord"

  "Behold, children are a gift of the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward." (Psa. 127:3) The Lord gives into our hands a gift from Himself, our children. They come from God in purity and complete dependence. The Lord places them in your possession with this innocence and asks that we teach them His ways and His righteousness. Instruction from God on where to walk, how to live should be the number one rule in our lives.
  Yesterday, we were rewarded with another gift from God. In my younger years I wished I had been more humble in my life to listen and heed when God gave us three gifts. I would have been less caught up in the world and concerned about their spiritual well being. Today, as a grandfather, I see the importance and watch the gifts from God put into the hands of my children and I pray for them daily. The greatest blessing you could give your children is give them back to their Father (and yours) providing them with the best instruction about their Father you can possibly give. That's a 'thank you' to the Lord for His wonderful gift He gave to us.

No comments: