Thursday, March 7, 2013

"Too Much Talk"

  It's rather amazing how many refuse to confess their sins but are quick to point out they aren't perfect! You hear it all the time, "I'm not perfect!" Most of the time that is spoken in light of sin. Who speaks about perfection? God speaks of His Son's perfect life and perfection is something we should strive for in light of our Savior but never are we spoken as perfect on our own!
  Here's our thought for today. We seem to be so busy explaining why we sin, why we fail that we never confess that we have sinned. When we sin it seems everyone is to blame for my sin other than myself. It's the way I was raised, it's my parents fault, it's the environment I grew up in, it's our culture, it's our friends, it's our fears, it's our doubts, it's all complicated, it's lack of people accepting me, it's because people don't understand, it's because you haven't walked in my shoes, it's because...and we continue to add to the drama in our lives and the shallow living because we have an excuse for every element of our sinfulness. When we have finished our speech, why we had no choice but to sin and that makes us not responsible! We talk too much and explain too much!!!
  God speaks: "I'm willing to forgive your sins but you must be willing to confess there's something that needs forgiveness!" "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (I John 1:9)

No comments: