Thursday, January 24, 2013

"Heaven On My Mind"

  I've had heaven on my mind a lot recently. I ponder about it and wonder what is it really going to be like in the presence of God. I try to draw some comparisons but I can't. There is nothing that I have experienced or seen on this earth that will explain what the presence of God will be like. I know what the Holy Scriptures tell us in a very limited way but heaven, I just can't grasp it. I strive to be there!
  Time will die! I know that means there will be no schedules to keep. We are told one day with the Lord is like a thousand years (II Pet. 3:8). Will it be like an eternal vacation? No, that won't do either because that is putting the presence of God in what my experience presently is in this life. This life will be over. Maybe it will be fun and games we enjoy? No, that appeals to our fleshly desires and what we experience here too. 
  The bottom line: it's too grand and glorious to know. It must be something so spectacular, so wonderful, so grand and magnificent that Jesus would die in our place to get us there! My substitute, Jesus Christ. I know He is the only One that will stand between me and my sins in the presence of God to secure the covenant God made: "And their sins and lawless deeds I remember no more!" That's heaven! Heaven will be in the presence of God and it will stand apart from any unrighteous acts of man. There will be no sin present as sin will be impossible to enter and exist there. That is a marvel in itself.  
  So until that day, that hour that our last breath will be taken, long for heaven. Reach and strive each day giving thanks to the Father for the redemption we have in Christ Jesus. Worship God. Adore our Savior. The things of God are unsearchable but they belong to us in Christ Jesus. That tells me heaven will be out of sight...physically and spiritually!! Rejoice in the Lord!

No comments: