Monday, April 11, 2011

"Remember When..."

We all sit and remember something from our past. Family reunions or special times when families all gather and start talking about old times. As our children grow, it is so wonderful to listen to them say, "Remember when..."
"Remember when we lived at..."
"Remember when we put you in a box and taped it up and..."
"Remember when the neighborhood kids and we would..."
"Remember when the dog named..."
In all these rememberances, it is funny to listen to how things happened from the side of the kids. Then we start hearing some of the stories when our children didn't tell us everything and it was shocking to listen to them relate some of the things. Memories are funny things sometimes. Our memory can recall songs. I can remember the songs from advertisements from back in the sixties. My kids hear me sing one and they wonder where I got it. I can remember my first dog, places we have visited when I was a little kid and the football games when all the neighborhood kids would come over and we tackled one another in the 'sticker' patch! No one wanted on the ground but the smallest seemed to get punished. I can remember pushing my best friends face in dog pooh!! Yep, I can still recall it hanging from his forehead and front part of his hair. I know when you read that you will say, "Brent!" but let me put in context. He was catching flies off the dog pooh!!! I remember climbing down a tree with three bird eggs I got from a nest. Oh, I put them in my pants pocket so they wouldn't get hurt and I could use both hands to climb down. You know what happened to the eggs and my mother was one upset woman.
Yes, we can all remember when! But there is one thing I seem to never remember...someone's name!! What's up with that? Have a good day.

No comments: