Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Whatca' Doin'?"

After speaking to so many people each week, teaching classes right and left, preaching two sermons, counseling couples and personal Bible studies, I sometimes forget what I say and to whom I say it! If you find me repeating something in my blog, forgive me of that. My mind just can't keep up sometimes.
My granddaughter came by my office this week and she has her normal routine with me...she quietly knocks on my door and slowly opens it, she peeks in and yells "surprise!", running over and jumping in my lap giving me a kiss and a big hug. Then she says "Carter's comin!" (Carter is her baby brother, my grandson.) On this day, she jumped in my lap, gave me her kiss and hug telling me Carter was coming and she asked me, "Grandpa, whatca' doin'?" I looked at her and said, "Oh, I am just trying to get my thinking cap going today." She smiled real big and said, "Can I help?" to which I replied, "Sure! What do you have in mind?" She said, "Look at your screen..." so I did. Then she said, "Get some good blinks with your eyes so you can see good..." so I did. Then she stated, "Now think! It will happen!" You know what? She was right! Think I did. It struck my mind why the Lord said children are a gift from Him (Psa. 127:3). Children have a way to remind us about simple life things. No wonder Jesus taught us all that unless we are converted like children, we will not enter the kingdom of God (Matt. 18:1-3). We need to learn to trust and stop letting evil and things weigh so heavily on our heart and in our minds. We need to give our minds and heart totally to the Lord, allowing His way to take place, not our ways. It's too easy to get all 'gooey' over little things and stories like this when your children bring them to mind. We need to become God focused. As soon as you read this, where do you think your mind will head? Things that are true, right and pure (Phil. 4:8)? Are we going to set our minds on things above where Christ is seated (Col. 3:13)? Your mind set will determine how much you allow the Lord to lead! Your mind set will be what determines if you react fleshly or spiritual in certain situations! We need to seriously think about that. Maybe I need to ask you, "Whatca' doin'?"

No comments: