Monday, September 24, 2012

"The Deceitfulness of Sin"

"But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called 'Today'..." 
It goes like this:
"I'm concerned about where you life is headed." he said lovingly.
"I'm not happy. I have been miserable in this marriage for a long time."
"I tried to encourage you about your worship and desire for the Lord but you didn't seem very interested."
"We just drifted apart over the last few years."
"But when you leave the Lord out, what do you expect?"
"I'm not happy. There are things that are going on in our marriage you don't even know!"
"I'm sure of that but the Lord is very aware."
"No one at church called me and asked me to participate in anything."
"If you were there you would see that all were welcome in anything. You just seemed to have little concern for the things of God."
"I have to be who I am!"
"What is that?"
"I'm not a bad person at all. I just have to be who I am."
"So leaving your wife and your children for another woman is who you are?"
"No, you don't understand."
"I'm trying to but when someone walks into sin, leaves their family and has nothing to do with the Lord, is that a good person? Is that a child of God?"
"I'd expect you to think that but I'm really a good person! 
"Do you think that you will end up with the Lord in eternity?"
"Listen, you don't have to bother anymore. Tell others that it is too late because my mind is made up. I have to be me and I want to be happy. I have to do this for me!"
"I wish you didn't cross that line. Do you realize what you are saying and giving up?"
"This is what I want."
"...so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin." (Heb. 3:13)

No comments: