Thursday, May 17, 2012

"To The Praise Of His Glory"

  It amazes me how many times I have heard from people saying they are trying to find their purpose in life. Sincere, honest and upright people just wanting to know where they fit. We have heard people say that God has a plan for you. But where do we get that? I cannot think of a verse that says that. It sounds noble but I'm not sure the Scriptures teach that, do you?
  God definitely has a purpose and is working everything for His purpose. His purpose was and is in Christ Jesus! God determined everything through Christ Jesus from the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:5). The result? That we would be "to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved." (Eph. 1:6) That's our purpose.
  Jesus suffered by being reviled, uttering no threats but just continually kept entrusting Himself to the Judge of mankind (I Pet. 2:21-23). It took His suffering to heal us! In order to be healed, there must be something that wounded us and left a nasty infection. It's called sin. God purposed through Jesus to bring mankind to Himself and  heal them through His wounds. The result: "The praise of His glory!" We are the wounded that have been healed. Wounded healers. That's what would bring praise to His glory if we would take that message to our neighbors and friends. Have we forgotten who He is in relation to us? You want purpose? Reach out to those who need healing from a sin sick led life! That's mankind. We have stopped talking to those who have been ravaged by sin. We have around us people just wanting a kind expression, to recognize them as someone and in the process reaching out with a message to heal. Maybe this preacher has failed. No, I know I have failed at times expressing our purpose. We have a message and are on a mission! "To the praise of the glory of His grace!" His grace reaches me and Jesus suffered my wounds so my wounds could be healed! That makes me (you) wounded healers. The person in line at the store, the empty lives around us need healing and there is only One that did that and can do that: His name is Jesus. That brings glory to God and praise from us. 

No comments: