Monday, November 22, 2010

"Creation"

This will be my last blog until after the Thanksgiving holiday.
It was early morning as the darkness still held a grip on the day. I was sitting in my tree stand waiting for a little light and then a deer. As the darkness was pushed away by the breaking of light it was simply amazing. I had done this before but I guess it really never caught my attention. The floor of the forest was covered with brown oak leaves. But something unusual was beginning to happen. It began to glow. It was like a multi-colored light show. I couldn't believe the glow from brown leaves. The dew was sparkling on top of the leaves to add to the whole.
Suddenly a group of small birds were jumping on the leaves turning them over. They were busy with their chirps and work. There were probably 10 in the group. As they jumped from leaf to leaf turning them over, I noticed a gray squirrel come out of a tree. It was very still, no wind as the creation of God awoke from its night rest. The sound of birds, squirrels and beauty made my mind head to Scriptures. "For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God." (Rom. 8:19-21)
There I sat, waiting in amazement and listening to creation and it was speaking..."Can't wait for the revealing of God's sons." I heard every word!

No comments: